Having lived here since before the Revolutionary War, the Phillips family thinks that Floyd, VA is a very special place. Apparently Mother Earth News also thinks so, listing Floyd as one of the “Great Places You Have Never Heard Of.”
Some of the reasons that make Floyd special include…
– Rich Folk Music Tradition
– Conscious Planning of Sustainable Development
– Thriving Artistic Community
– Beautiful Stretch of The Blue Ridge Parkway
– Local Wineries and Breweries
– Local Food Producers and Green Businesses
– A “One Stop-Light County” Attitude
– Convenient Access to Major Hospitals and Universities
– A Great Community That Includes Artists, Hunters, Musicians, Farmers, Businessmen, and Professors
Many would consider Floyd a perfect place to move to. In fact, when Mother Earth News ran an article in the 1970’s about Floyd, there was a large influx of the alternative culture, which has helped Floyd develop into the unique place that it is today.
If you would like to find that perfect place for you, either as a weekend getaway, a place to save for your children and grandchildren, a place for hunting, for reflection and peace and quiet, for sustainable living, or as a permanent residence, we would love to help you find the property that best suits your needs and desires.
You can peruse our list of properties here, or you can view them on our Interactive Property Map. Please note that we are in the process of adding all of our properties to the website, so this is an incomplete property list. If you don’t find what you need, please contact Doug Phillips at (540) 745-3700 and he can assist you with finding the perfect property for you. (Almost all of the farm tracts listed are owner/broker, so Doug will be able to tell you everything you need to know about any of these properties).
We hope that our community can one day call you neighbor. Call (540) 745-3700 for any and all questions about the wonderful piece of Heaven on Earth.