Floyd Virginia Real Estate – Oakley Boyd Farm 167 Acres

by DavePhillips on May 17, 2012

Cattle on Boyd Farm

The Oakley Boyd Farm is 167 Acres located in Floyd County Virginia. This is one of the best farms in the area, and I have personally kept cattle on this property for years. It has everything you could want in a farm for raising animals or growing crops.

It is divided into two tracts, each roughly 84 acres, and is available either as a whole, or just one tract.

About 85% of the property is suitable for hay and pasture. The other 15% is big woods. This is ideal for maximizing the amount of usable land while still maintaining privacy from your neighbors.

This property fronts on two state maintained roads, and there are three different entrances that you can use off of Mack’s Mountain Road depending on which way you want to enter the property. It maintains its privacy even though it fronts on two roads.

Buffalo Mountain

There are multiple spots with 360 degree views. There is an abundance of water on this property, with bold springs and streams, and multiple pond sites. It is also fenced for cattle.

This property is also very near the community’s fire department, elementary school, and rescue squad. In fact, the rescue squad is at the crossroads of the two roads this property fronts on.

Hay - Second Cutting

This is truly one of the best farms in the area, and is both private and accessible. There are numerous potential building sites on the property if you chose to build your dream home here, or perfect just the way it is if you choose to farm it.

{ 1 trackback }

Large properties - Floyd VA Real Estate | Floyd Virginia Real Estate
May 24, 2012 at 2:03 pm

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: